Monday, May 14, 2012

Gattuso: "Nocerino can wear my Jersey"


Gennaro Gattuso has given Antonio Nocerino his blessing to take over Milan’s Number 8 jersey. “Leaving is my definitive decision.”
The midfielder’s contract expires at the end of the season and he has opted to walk away despite being offered an extension.
“Nocerino can wear my jersey, especially as he’s a Southerner like me,” smiled Gattuso on Milan Channel.
“It was right for the club to retire the jerseys of Paolo Maldini and FrancoBaresi, but we’ll leave ours to our teammates.”
Gattuso is not the only one leaving, as Alessandro NestaPippo Inzaghi, Clarence SeedorfGianluca Zambrotta and Mark van Bommel have also played their last games for the Rossoneri.
“How did I feel when our jerseys were held up in the stands? You all saw the effect it had, as 13 years are a lot and in that moment everything went through my mind, from the joy to the pain, the victories and defeats. I carry all of it in my heart.
“It is my definitive decision, as when I open my mouth then I mean what I say. One day I’ll try to return to Milan and we’ll see in what role. I still feel able to do something in football.”

-Football-Italia-

No comments:

Post a Comment